Notices

News Important news of Tibia ML.

Old December 7th, 2010, 15:19   #61
glotzer
Tibia ML Staff

glotzer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaran View Post
As a matter of fact, out of the 449 (if I counted correctly) monster listed on tibiawiki 86 are immune to fire damage, 90 are strong to fire damage, 159 are neutral (or unknown) to fire damage, and finally 114 that are weak to fire damage. I might have missed a few (it's like 1am here now). That would make it ~25% that are weak to fire damage and ~19% that are immune to fire damage.
Compare that to ice damage:
52 (~12%) that are immune to ice damage, 121 are strong to ice, 192 are neutral (or unknown) and 84 (~19%) that are weak to ice damage. Is it still as bad as you thought? Or should I compare energy and earth too and see who wins that one?

@the person who said that it had a 6 second cooldown. The ultimate strikes have a 30 second cooldown and a 4 second attack cooldown (which means you have to wait for 4 seconds instead of 2 to make your next attack and you have to wait 30 seconds before using the ultimate strike again) and the strong strikes have an 8 second cooldown. That makes them pretty much an alternative to use every now and then if you really need to kill a monster a few rounds faster. It won't be anything you use on a regular basis.
could be true, but i mean stronger monsters that are actualy worth hunting, stuff like dls, demons, hffs, spectres, hellspawns and so on... there fire/energy loss for sure, throught didn't count
glotzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 09:02   #62
Nevaran

Nevaran is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by glotzer View Post
could be true, but i mean stronger monsters that are actualy worth hunting, stuff like dls, demons, hffs, spectres, hellspawns and so on... there fire/energy loss for sure, throught didn't count
Ok, checking monsters with at least 1000hp with regular spawns (so basically no event monsters, no bosses, no inq bosses and no pharaohs) that are weak or immune to energy/fire and earth/ice. I have not taken into account how strong they are against an element. Also didn't count the monsters that are strong to both elements since we were only talking about weak and immune. The total doesn't add up because some monster are immune/neutral/weak to both elements.

Weak to energy(23)/fire(12) total 28
Neutral (or unknown) to energy(7)/fire(3) total 9
Immune to energy(5)/fire(25) total 26 (immune to one of them and strong to the other 14)

Weak to earth(5)/ice(20) total 25
Neutral (or unknown) to earth(6)/ice(5) total 10
Immune to earth(32)/ice(10) total 39 (immune to one of them and strong to the other 21)

Now afterwards I guess I should've checked how many in total were neutral or weak to both elements before I deleted the lists I made, but since relatively few are neutral I guess it wouldn't change much. Basically anything from 28 to 37 monster are neutral or weak to energy/fire, and anything from 25 to 35 are neutral or weak to earth/ice. For immunities it's 14 that are immune to either energy or fire and strong to the other one, and 21 that are immune to either earth or ice and strong to the other one. Sounds pretty balanced to me.

I did check wiki for the info so it might not be totally accurate. Also I've slept like 3 hours tonight so my mind might have missed some monsters. Still it shouldn't be that many.

Just a quick check of weakness for monsters with more than 2000hp:
Energy 12
Fire 5
Total energy+fire: 13

Earth 2
Ice 11
Total earth+ice: 13
Nevaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 14:06   #63
glotzer
Tibia ML Staff

glotzer is on a distinguished road